Quoting Man Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> This is her first attempt, to draw something on computer...
> What came out, you can find here:http://www.savefile.com/files/8597183
>
> I am interesting in yours opinion.
> What are you think, do we have to continue this work (make banners, draw
> another pictures)?

The idea of designing a sleek logo that looks nice and not like a pinguin
someone drew a flag on, is a good idea.

However, I have two problems with this picture.

(a) It's not a logo, it's more "artwork", something you'd put in a flyer.

(b) I don't want to be identified in any way shape or form with the image of a
Haredi, Orthodox Jewish family. It contradicts my deepest values. I'm sure
there are certain pictures that would draw the same reaction from religious
members of the community. My point, anyway, is that Israeli and Jewish are not
the same, and if you want to represent the idea of "Israeli Linux" you should
stick to symbols that are Israeli, not Jewish. Yes, the star of David is shared
by both, but if you want it to be Israeli, you really should have the complete
flag. Or a Tembel hat. Or a falafel. They are anachronistic symbols, but they
still say "Israeli". Head covers and peot certainly do not.

Herouth