From: Ilya Konstantinov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:59 PM
To: Yedidyah Bar-David
Cc: linux-il@linux.org.il; Livneh Ran
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: vsftpd]

Hi Ran,

There might be a bunch of vsftpd-specific options to do it. In those
situations, I'd usually man vsftpd.conf, begin re-learning its options
and syntax, and praying it's flexible just enough to allow me those
limitations _on top_ of the filesystem permissions limitations. For a
sysadmin who doesn't actively use vsftpd, that learn-and-debug cycle
could take a good half-a-day. I'm not proficient enough with vsftpd to
tell you that without doing that process myself.

Another option, which might work great for your case, whould be to use
filesystem ACLs (so-called POSIX ACLs) and avoid making any restrictions

in vsftpd itself. Making new directories have certain permission set can

be achieved by adding a default ACL to their containing directory.