How can I manage core dump files ? I'm looking for some way to name them differently, so next one will not be written over the previous and maybe to give some information in core dump file name (version of application, date of core dump creation, etc..). It can be from crashing application (some callback that will be run just before crash) or from some external watchdog application..

Is there any way to perform above in Linux ?

Thanks.

P.S. There IS a way to do this in M$ Windows :)