On 6/30/06, Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ik wrote:

> OK, I replaced the Hard drive for a new one,
>
> It does not have any bad blocks or FS on it when I checked (using a
> live cd and bad blocks like before), now when I install either debian
> stable with 2.6.8 or Fedora Core 5, I'm getting
> dma_intr: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
>
> Then I re-run the same live cd with bad blocks, and still no bad
> blocks where found ...
Hmm.

Are you sure that the errors you report are for your HD and not, say,
your CD rom?

Well, yes because there is no cd inside after "first" boot (and second
etc..), so the cd is not mounted, and the only other storage device is
the hard drive.

I now tried to install ubuntu 6.06, and when it comes to prationing,
the installer just stop to react, and only "cancel" is the option that
will act for me then.

O.T. I found out that gnome become really cool wm ;) but I'm still
waiting for the new enlightenment ...

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh