On 15/08/06, Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
check the instructions again, Skype need only one TCP and one UDP ports
open, and you can even select which. I chose myself a port, set it to

Of course I read the instructions - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to setup Skype as a super-node behind my ADSL modem/router NAT.

Have you checked your "netstat -tp" lately?

Here is a  list of the connections related to my Skype process (I only list established connections, just to try to abbreviate my post):

192.168.x.y :36510 80.92.66.240:12350
192.168.x.y:37747 80.92.66.238:12351
192.168.x.y:37801 80.92.66.238:12351
192.168.x.y:37872 80.92.66.238:12351
192.168.x.y:37887 212.72.49.142:12350
192.168.x.y:37333 212.72.49.142:12350
192.168.x.y:40383 80.92.66.238:12351
192.168.x.y:39210 212.72.49.142:12350
192.168.x.y:34561 212.72.49.142:12350
192.168.x.y:39422 80.92.66.240:12350
192.168.x.y:36506 212.72.49.142:12350
192.168.x.y:36480 80.92.66.238:12351
192.168.x.y:39603 81.228.27.52:1687
192.168.x.y:35339 195.215.8.140:23456
192.168.x.y:35796 195.215.8.142:12350
192.168.x.y:35789 195.215.8.142:12350
192.168.x.y:31673 66.127.49.202:1950

Almost none of these ports is the one I set for Skype. And so far I couldn't find a common theme in the port numbers used.
I suspect that maybe the outside world can reach my Skype process through the port I told it to listen on, but other stuff causes Skype to open connections on other ports (e.g. when it opens a port to some other Skype process and lets the kernel pick a local port number).

"192.168.x.y" is the "local" address, of course.

Am I missing something here?

I know of ntop and even better - nethogs, but they still won't allow me to get what I want, at least not without some hacking on their 1-2 years old source.

Thanks,

--Amos