A co-worker just informed me that there is now a ubuntu ce (christian edition)
and while I haven't had the time to take a look, I thought it might be nice to
have a je. (jewish edition)

some thought that struck my over-worked mind were:

* comes with a default lunar calendar and has popups for how many cleaning days
left till pesach.
* Daf Yomi for Linux in 32 languages
* your choice of slang, hebrew, yiddish or aramaic
* (this one's for Marc V.) instead of a fortune your favorite Aphorisims from
Avadia Yosef.
* gematria of the day

Come on this is a project waiting to happen,

I see the line waiting to sign up getting longer and longer, as I type...