1)Shutdown the vm
2) vmware-vdiskmanager   -x <new size> <file.vmdk>
3) boot the VM
4) Resize the partition & filesystems using standard linux tools...
(parted,etc...)

Voila.

On 10/26/06, Jacob Broido <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey,
Inorder to answer you, I need some more inputs from you.

1) Which product of Vmware are you talking about? Is it ESX ? or
Workstation,GSX,Server?
2) You've mentioned 1GB->2GB... Do you want to extend existing VM of 1GB to
span accross 2GB ?
Is it acceptable for you to perform  an offline migration or other VM changes?

- J.

On 10/26/06, Michael Ben-Nes < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to move Debian from a Vmware with 1GB space to a new one with 2GB.
> What is the easiest way to achieve exact copy ?
>
> Thanks,
> Miki
>

> --
> Michael Ben-Nes - Internet Consultant and  Director.
>  http://www.epoch.co.il - weaving the Net.
> Cellular: 054-4848113

Not gonna be king of the world if you're slave to the grind
- Skid Row