On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 15:06 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> If you spend most of your time browsing the web, you can do the following
> to speed things up:
> 3. Limit the size of your disk cache, but note that it does limit the
>    size of files you can download with the browser with some browsers.

How come ? downloads are not going into the cache - they're downloads.
Even if they'd somehow would supposedly need to go into the cache, I'm
sure that any browser software is not stupid enough to forbid a download
just because it can't get into the cache: it will instead simply not
cache it.

Also - limiting the size of your cache will much more likely cause your
web browsing to be slower, check out your next suggestion:

> 4. If you share your connection among several computers, install
> and use Squid.

i.e. - increasing disk cache will increase performance.

--
Oded
::..