Continuing thread "application localization in Linux".

I've checked gettext package and seems to answer all our needs for translating interface of our application on every possible platform. Actually wikipedia gives a very short and clear explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gettext

The only problem that left is that gettext is GNU licensed. Our application is commercial one and, judging from wikipedia article about GNU license, even mere linking with gettext will demand to release our application under similar license.

Two questions to this respectable community:

1. Is it any way to overcome this obstruction ? I've seen somewhere in the Net that we can move all code that statically links with GNU libraries to a dedicated DLL and to release only this DLL as GPL.. Although I do not see how it can be done with gettext, all (!) strings in the sources have to be enclosed in _()..

2. Do you know about commercial products of gettext grade ? I remind that we need them to be multiplatform..

Thanks in advance.