On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 04:36:37PM +0200, Omer Zak wrote:

The Japanese system of YYYY-MM-DD is the best one.  I personally use a
modified variety (YYYY-MMM-DD which is not ambiguous) whenever I am free
to set the date format.

However for many years the Japanese used a dating system from the
coronation of the current emperor. For all I know they still use it.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM