From: Erez D <erez0...@gmail.com>
Subject: ubuntu is starting to annoy me
To: "linux-il" <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Tuesday, 19 May, 2009, 12:22 PM

hi

i bought a new hardware (dvb-s2 sat card) that needs kernel at least 2.6.28
so i thought my best solution was to upgrade my ubuntu to jaunty

after upgrading, i find out that some of my automatic scripts didn't do their
jobs anymore

after spending a lot of time, i found out that 'screen' doesn't just work, but
asks questions (i.e. asks me to choose a profile)
and my scripts does not expect these questions ...

good that bash doesn't ask interactive questions. otherwise the system will not
boot...

too much of ubuntu needs human interventions,
some configurations are only possible under interactive gui

is ubuntu getting more and more similiar to microsoft ?

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----