Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded the Linux version on my work machine, and I noticed something odd about the Hebrew kxkb layout, which I use in the lyx variant. There was no "=" key, and there were two "]" keys. The default Hebrew layout had no such artifact.

After comparing my KDE-based Mandriva setup with my sysadmin's Ubuntu (Gnome), it turned out that we had the same layout, and the thing about it is that it's not completely defined. The number keys and symbol keys which are supposedly "common" to the Hebrew and US layouts are not defined. The default variant defines all the keys.

Where is the problem? In English, I don't use the US layout, but rather the Dvorak layout, which places the "]" where "=" is supposed to be.

So, does anybody know where I can get a fully-defined Hebrew layout for kxkb, in the lyx variant? If so, a hint on where to install it will also be appreciated. And finally, how does one convince all the distros to include a full layout? It's strange that both Ubuntu and Mandriva have the same faulty layout.

As far as I remember, the layout did not give me trouble in Mandriva 2007.1 from which I upgraded. So there used to be a good layout out there.

Thanks,
Herouth