Begin forwarded message:

From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendel...@gmail.com>
Date: August 24, 2009 5:10:59 PM GMT+03:00
To: Micha <mi...@post.tau.ac.il>
Subject: Re: [OT] Power over radio is it a true thing or just a myth ?

On Aug 24, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Micha wrote:

I don't have a link now but I saw a thread somewhere about the myth of stealing power from powerlines with a large coil, and the calculation came to the point if I remember the numebers correctly that you may be able to run a 1.5v light bulb using several tons of copper if your are several feet from the power line.

The mythbusters did an episode about it.

The idea of remote power distribution without wires was killed off because Edison (who supported direct current wired distribution) destroyed Telsa, who proposed AC systems which are being used today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Geoff.

-- geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendel...@gmail.com