Hi all,

(I apologise from writing from my gmail.com account, but as you'll see below,
writing from my home E-mail account is not bearable.).

I have a desktop x86-64 Core i3 machine (running Mageia Linux 1) that connects
via wired Ethernet to my NAT/router and there is a remote x86-64 Core Duo
laptop (running Mageia Linux 2), connected via wireless. Often when I type
commands on bash on the remote laptop via ssh, there is a significant delay,
and moreover running claws-mail or gringotts (two fast gtk+ apps) from the
laptop are slow, which hadn't been the case with my older desktop machine.
tcpdump -i wlan0 on the laptop and htop on the laptop show nothing that might
cause it.

The delays in the connectivity were not bad with the previous desktop machine
which was an old Pentium 4 2.4GHz machine, which was much slower and
underpowered.

So far I tried:

1. Doing /etc/init.d/iptables stop on the desktop machine.

2. Relocating the laptop closer to the wifi NAT/router.

Neither of those helped.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish