On Wed, Dec 28, 2011, Dotan Cohen wrote about "Re: Free Software on Android":
> > I looked for a Wikipedia browsing app, and found a nice
> > one, but with ads, and of course not open source. What the ****??
> > Thousands of people spent millions of hours writing this encyclopedia
> > without
> > making a penny, and this schmoe thinks he should make money by showing ads
> > on their efforts?
> >

> The thousands of Wikipedia contributors all publish their work under a
> license which allows commercial redistribution. I don't see why you
> are angry, the Wikipedia contributors are not (I am one of them).

I am angry for the Wikipedia contributors (I'm also one of them...) not
because they are swindled out of their money but for a more subtle
reason: they developed wikipedia wishing that people enjoy it.
By adding ads to it, the ingenous app developer made it *less*
enjoyable, while at the same time getting money for this negative "work".
It's not illegal, but it's definitely not something I'd want to
encourage...

> I am considering plucking down a few hundred shekels on a text editor:
> http://www.sublimetext.com/

You're serious? :-)

Next thing you'll tell me you want to buy a $1000 HDMI cable :-)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Diamond+3.3%27+High-Speed+HDMI+Cable+-+Dark+Gray/Black/2383276.p;jsessionid=310CCC6FDFA4F4B48027114FF363F3FC.bbolsp-app04-32?id=1218324437192&skuId=2383276#BVRRWidgetID

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                 Wednesday, Dec 28 2011,