On Tue, Jan 17, 2012, Dotan Cohen wrote about "Re: [OUT?] Help with Android?":
> I am interested, but I also agree that Hebrew should be an accepted
> language.

I don't have a problem with "accepted", but I think the bigger question
whether it will be required.

> Anything that is not Israeli-specific but related to
> Android, there is already a community for (both for devs and users).
> The questions that I would expect on an Israeli list would be those
> unique to Israel / Hebrew / RTL languages.

The same could have been said about linux-il itself - there are plenty
of other Linux mailing lists in English, and Linux-il doesn't (mostly)
deal with Hebrew-specific questions, so why did people choose to join
linux-il? I think there is also value in having a small, familiar,
local, community, even if you could have held most of the same
discussions in a huge worldwide mailing list.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                 Wednesday, Jan 18 2012,