On Sun, Jan 22, 2012, Boris shtrasman wrote about "Re: Virtual Server -
Consult...":
> On 22/01/2012, Amichai Rotman <amic...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> > What would be the best to use: VirtualBox, VMWare Sex or KVM?
> didn't do a real benchmarking but from my small testes I had the

Wow, what a bunch of Freudian slips :-)
(obviously, the words you were looking for were "ESX" and "tests" :-)).

Anyway, just wondering - why do you want each family member to have his
own virtual machine? This will basically means that you'll need to
install and maintain several copies of the OS. Unless these family
members really know how to administrate their own VM, wouldn't it be
simpler to have them all use the same OS, with several separate users?
Linux, preferably? :-)

With all that being said, my favorite is KVM. It's hard to give concrete
advantages over VirtualBox, though. I think VMware ESX is irrelevant for
you - it's an expensive piece of software, and only runs on a limited
set of hardware. Perhaps you meant VMware Server.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                    Sunday, Jan 22 2012,