On Sun, Feb 26, 2012, Arie Skliarouk wrote about "libreoffice+hebrew nikud":
> I am concerned on the nikud part, e.g. how well libreoffice supports it.
> Googling shows rendering issues. The https://bugs.freedesktop.org is down

In my experience, the quality of the niqqud rendering directly depends
on the font. For example, the free Culmus fonts, notably David and Frank
Reuhl, show niqqud very well. Note that Culmus's Frank Reuhl used to
have problems rendering niqqud, until the last Culmus release fixed
these problems.

One problem I do have with niqqud - and maybe other people can suggest a
solution - is how to type them. What I usually do is to cut-and-paste
words with niqqud from other texts (or an online dictionary). I never
figured out how to set up a keyboard mapping or something to
conveniently type niqqud.

Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                    Sunday, Feb 26 2012,