Hi Nadav,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Nadav Har'El <n...@math.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012, Shlomi Fish wrote about "Fwd: Carmen & Camille News:
> IDGAF Now on iTunes":
>> Hi all,
>>
>> this is a message I sent to a performing duo, to whose distribution
>> list I am subscribed, after noting that their new single is available
>> (only) on iTunes.
>
> Are you sure it's only on itunes?
>
> I searched on Amazon, and it's also available there as mp3 - see
> http://www.amazon.com/Idgaf/dp/B009M58JBQ/

First of all, they didn't mention that it is also available on
Amazon.com in their E-mail. Moreover, I tried buying it from
Amazon.com now and got this:

<<<<
We are sorry...

    We could not process your order. The sale of MP3 Downloads is
currently only available to US customers. Please refer to the terms of
use of the MP3 store to determine the geographical restrictions.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This is:

1. A continuation of http://shlomif.livejournal.com/58860.html .

2. Especially ironic given the fact that Carmen and Camille are Canadian.

> BTW, I don't think you need to frighten them with anti-Apple rhetoric.
> It's enough to say that the majority of music listeners out there don't
> have an Apple device, so selling on itunes alone is a not very wise business
> move.

That's not the point here. One can install iTunes on Windows or Mac OS
X, and then
download the song and (presuming it is DRM-free, which I believe it is
the case), reuse it
in every player that supports that format and even redistribute it.
But since I'm using Linux,
and would rather not support Apple with my wallet, I don't have that privilege.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish