I have to concur with Hetz, I have gone through absolute hell with
non-hp printers and their support of drivers.
HP at least has an officially supported OSS driver project and drivers
that generally function....

The best is to use linuxprinting.org to check if the printer has good
(preferably OSS, unless you don't mind potentially being stuck
driverless a few years down the line) support.

Regards,
Eliyahu - אליהו