On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM, geoffrey mendelson <
geoffreymendel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2013 9:48 AM, shimi wrote:
>

>> Flashback from the past: Problems in sector 0 on floppies :)
>>

> I guess Peter Norton isn't Jewish. Or as a less obscure reference, the
> Norton Utilities to read the SECOND FAT did not make it to Israel.
>
> Like a backup superblock, DOS has a backup FAT.

I stand corrected then. Does make me wonder how so much important stuff got
lost over the years if there are two copies (maybe they're at the same disk
area, and thus, was a lousy backup to begin with?) when only sector 0 got
bad (probably due to multiple writes on the same area...)

Still, I would prefer two partitions if switching between them is rather
easy. Personally I would probably instead buy two 32GB cards which is less
putting all your eggs in one basket, but that's not what the OP wants, it
seems :)