Suppose I wanted to change venue to a more developed country, where the
income level allows people to use unlimited SMS, would that have made any
difference?

In other words, is there a messaging system, OSS or not, that can be used
both on phone and computers? I suppose Skype might be one, but it really is
more of a phone system and not messaging tool.

Email is not a solution, as you messages, in my mind, are not uniquely
visible. Twitter is even more so - it is a broadcast tool more than
anything else. I want individual and group conversations, but with the
ability to view the web pages and videos that are sent on a normal size
screen.

THX.

Sincerely,

Steve