On Monday 24 November 2014 22:51:47 Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 09:58:32PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > So kernel should filter i8042 atk key press events which
> > represent HW switch?
>
> Yeah - the firmware is sending an "Update rfkill state"
> message, not a real keypress. If you're already listening for
> those events through a filter then you should just drop them
> once you've done the state update.

Now I wanted to do not use i8042 hook function in dell-laptop.c
which was used only for receiving key event (hw switch) and
propagating it to dell-laptop rfkill device. See my patch:

dell-laptop: Use dell-rbtn instead i8042 filter when possible

But if we really should drop these atk key press, then another
patch for it will be needed.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.ro...@gmail.com