Linux (Slackware 3.4) has been running GREAT on my Toshiba T4700CT
for 3 years that I paid $550 for three years ago.  I did replace the
300 MB disk with a 2 GB disk a few months ago but even with the 300 MB disk
it did everything I needed.  I even mostly use it as a server now.

Bob Toxen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cavu.com
http://www.cavu.com/sunset.html                 [Sunset Computer]
ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/cavu/century.c   [Y2K CMOS clock fix for Linux]
ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/cavu/hwclock.c   [Y2K hwclock for broken CMOS]
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.       "Don't go with a fly-by-night outfit!"

Failure is not an option!
It comes bundled with all Microsoft products (in my opinion).
"Linux, a better way to go!"