On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:59:21 -0600 (CST)
kilg...@banach.math.auburn.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:07:44 +0000
> > Adam Baker <li...@baker-net.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Thank You - If it wasn't for your work on gspca I'd still be using
> >> a buggy old driver that had no chance of making it to main line.
>
> Well, I would not have been using it, actually. It was too much of a
> mess. As to the "thanks" I definitely second that. To put together
> over-arching projects which provide an API and a context for doing
> things like this is definitely the way to go, and this one has been
> put together with some thought, over a period of time. This brings up
> a question I have been nmeaning to ask for some time: Whie we are
> thanking people, it does occur to me to ask what has happened to
> Michel Xhaard. We used to correspond occasionally. We had different
> interests, with some intersection. I was specializing in still
> cameras, and he was doing the webcam project from which gspca has
> evolved. Our common interesection of interests, of course, were about
> such matters as decompression algorithms, as well as pointing each
> other to new cameras to look at. But the last time I sent Michel an
> e-mail, which was about a two months ago or so, I did not get any
> answer.

Same for me. Since 6 months, he did answer only one time, on the list...
I cannot even know if he is glad to have his baby in the Linux kernel.

> > OK. It seems everything works fine with your webcam(s) (and the
> > other ones).
        [snip]
> Just to be clear about this:
>
> Jean-Francois, you sent out a separate mail about doing a pull,
> which, I assume contains the changes in gspca which you mention
> above, So, what you want now is a few minor revisions in the sq905
> module, in accordance with what is above, and then some final testing.
        [snip]

Yes. As I said before, I'm ready to insert your driver in the gspca
tree. The basic streaming is working. The video controls and the
other resolutions may be added later.

--
Ken ar c'hentan |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/