On 05/16/2009 12:31 AM, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

I decided recently to work on support for the SN9C2028 dual-mode
cameras, which are supported as still cameras in
libgphoto2/camlibs/sonix. Today, I succeeded in getting three frames out
of one of them, using svv -gr, and I was able to convert two of the
three frames to nice images using the same decompression algorithm which
is used for the cameras in stillcam mode.

There is a lot of work to do yet: support for all appropriate resolution
settings (which are what? I do not yet know), support for all known
cameras for which I can chase down an owner, and incorporation of the
decompression code in libv4l.

However, I thought you might like to know that some success has been
achieved.

Cool!

I recently got a vivitar mini digital camera, usb id 093a 010e,
CD302N according to gphoto, which also is a dual mode camera. It would
be nice to get the webcam mode on this one supported too. Do you know
if there has already been some base work done on that ?