On 05/26/2009 01:44 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
Hi all

I think it would be agood time now to get my Logitech QuickCam Messenger
camera working with the current gspca driver. It used to work with
gspcav1-20071224, here's dmesg output:

/tmp/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: USB GSPCA camera found.(ZC3XX)
/tmp/gspcav1-20071224/gspca_core.c: [spca5xx_probe:4275] Camera type JPEG
/tmp/gspcav1-20071224/Vimicro/zc3xx.h: [zc3xx_config:669] Find Sensor HV7131R(c)

with more USB related messages following. Now dmesg with some debug turned
on looks like

gspca: probing 046d:08da
zc3xx: probe 2wr ov vga 0x0000
zc3xx: probe sensor ->  11
zc3xx: Find Sensor HV7131R(c)
gspca: probe ok
usbcore: registered new interface driver zc3xx
zc3xx: registered

and the camera is not working, the light on its case doesn't go on. If I
try "force_sensor=15" to match sensor tas5130cxx, as was detected by the
old driver, dmesg reports

gspca: probing 046d:08da
zc3xx: probe 2wr ov vga 0x0000
zc3xx: probe sensor ->  11
zc3xx: sensor forced to 15
gspca: probe ok
usbcore: registered new interface driver zc3xx
zc3xx: registered

and otherwise nothing changes. I could spend some time trying to find the
problem, but I would prefer if someone could suggest some debugging, I am
not familiar with gspca internals. Ideas anyone?

First of all, which app are you using to test the cam ? And are you using that
app in combination with libv4l ?

Also why do you say the original driver used to identify it as a tas5130cxx,
the dmesg lines you pasted from gspcav1 also say it is a HV7131R