I recently got one of these and I've been experimenting with it a little.

I downloaded the mercurial tree from around June 5, 2009 and patched
it using the patches here:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/teledongle/rev/676e2f4475ed

I got it to compile fine and the drivers seem to load without
complaint.  I'm mostly interested in getting the QAM stuff to work.
Here's partial output from w_scan

-------------
$ w_scan -a1 -A3 -t3
w_scan version 20081106
-_-_-_-_ Getting frontend capabilities-_-_-_-_
frontend Auvitek AU8522 QAM/8VSB Frontend supports
FE_CAN_8VSB
FE_CAN_QAM_64
FE_CAN_QAM_256
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
57000:
597000:
603000:
609000: signal ok (ch88 QAM)