On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Lauri Laanmets
<lauri.laanm...@proekspert.ee> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have KWorld 320U USB DVT-T Hybrid and trying to get DVB part working. The
> code from mcentral worked pretty well but as it is closed down now I would
> like to contribute to linux-media and enable and validate the hardware
> support for this device.
>
> I have:
>
> Linux 2.6.28-15-generic x86_64 GNU/Linux
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID eb1a:e320 eMPIA Technology, Inc.
>
> This device has the same id with "MSI DigiVox A/D II" but I guess it
> shouldn't matter because it appears to be exactly the same thing just with
> the different brand label with Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T on both boards.
>
> I have downloaded the code from v4l-dvb and commented out the "#if 0" around
> the device dvb definition ( em28xx-cards.c ), also added it to frontend
> registration ( em28xx-dvb.c) the same as KWorld 310 - just a normal Zarlink
> attach function.
>
> The trouble is that I get an error:
>
> zl10353_read_register: readreg error (reg=127, ret==-19)
>
> and I cannot understand why. I have the mcentral code still lying around and
> comparing those codes doesn't seem to have any difference. Maybe there still
> is a magic bit somewhere to set?

In em28xx-dvb.c, try using "em28xx_zl10353_with_xc3028_no_i2c_gate" in
the dvb_attach() instead of "em28xx_zl10353_with_xc3028".
Alternatively, move the case line for your board further down so it's
the same as "EM2882_BOARD_TERRATEC_HYBRID_XS" instead of being the
same as "EM2880_BOARD_KWORLD_DVB_310U"

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs