On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Bob Cunningham <rcunn...@acm.org> wrote:
> For F11, I appended the line "options xc5000 no_poweroff=1" to
> /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf
>
> Rather than power down (shudder), I did the following:
> 1. Unplug HVR-950Q
> 2. rmmod xc5000
> 3. modprobe xc5000 no_poweroff=1
> 4. Plug in HVR-950Q

You would be shocked how many people have trouble with those four
steps.  So now I just tell people to reboot.

> All is well with the world: The tuner is tuning, MythTV is mythic, and I am
> a vidiot.

That's great.  Bear in mind that I only did a minimal amount of
burn-in under MythTV, so if you see other issues, please speak up.  I
basically did enough to get rid of the segfaults, show the user video,
and cleanup a couple of errors in the mythbackend.log (by implementing
the hue and saturation controls).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs