Hi Pavel,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 02:07:13PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > These types devices aren't directly related to the sensor, but are
> > nevertheless handled by the smiapp driver due to the relationship of these
> > component to the main part of the camera module --- the sensor.
> >
> > Additionally, for the async sub-device registration to work, the notifier
> > containing matching fwnodes will need to be registered. This is natural to
> > perform in a sensor driver as well.
> >
> > This does not yet address providing the user space with information on how
> > to associate the sensor, lens or EEPROM devices but the kernel now has the
> > necessary information to do that.
>
> Let me see... I guess this is going to be quite interesting for me,
> too, because I'll be able to remove similar code in omap3 isp driver.

Yes, indeed. And with this, we have the lens - sensor association
information as a bonus.

I'll drop EEPROM support in v2, I guess you wouldn't have needed it? I guess
we'll need to see examples that can be found in the wild. My current
understanding is that EEPROM could be a separate chip in the module as well
as integrated to the sensor.

SMIA++ supports EEPROM as well (it's accessible through the sensor) but not
all (more or less) compliant sensors implement it (instead it's a separate
I²C device).

> I'm getting same error as the build bot... which is expected as you
> did mention it depends on some other series.

Yes, I missed half of the change. I'm pushing it again now... this will take
time until my server has SSDs.

> (I'll take a look if I can test it easily.)
>
> Acked-by: Pavel Machek <pa...@ucw.cz>

Thanks!

--
Sakari Ailus