Hey,

* Krzysztof Hałasa, 2018-05-21 10:09:
> I wonder... perhaps to get an interlaced frame I need to route the data
> through VDIC (ipu2_vdic, the deinterlacer)?

I have the same problem here, though not investigated nearly as
thoroughly as you did, down to the IPU register values. But I also
get the images stable (PAL and NTSC) with every other line green
when de-interlacing via PRPVF/IDMAC. Unfortunately, de-interlacing
via VDIC doesn't work much better:

While the image seems properly de-interlaced and colored then, it
keeps jumping up an down a few times per second, because the first
line isn't always included in the image. (The pipeline is the same
as Tim showed under "using VDIC to deinterlace").

That's with the adv7180 and an iMX6Q with kernel 4.14.35.

m.

--
Melchior Franz | Entwicklung Software

GINZINGER ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS GMBH