Em Sat, 15 Sep 2018 17:14:15 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+sams...@kernel.org> escreveu:

> At PC consumer devices, it is very common that the bridge same driver
> to be attached to different types of tuners and demods. We need a way
> for the Kernel to properly identify what kind of signal is provided by each
> PAD, in order to properly setup the pipelines.
>
> The previous approach were to hardcode a fixed number of PADs for all
> elements of the same type. This is not good, as different devices may
> actually have a different number of pads.
>
> It was acceptable in the past, as there were a promisse of adding "soon"
> a properties API that would allow to identify the type for each PADs, but
> this was never merged (or even a patchset got submitted).
>
> So, replace this approach by another one: add a "taint" mark to pads that
> contain different types of signals.
>
> I tried to minimize the number of signals, in order to make it simpler to
> convert from the past way.
>
> For now, it is tested only with a simple grabber device. I intend to do
> more tests before merging it, but it would be interesting to have this
> merged for Kernel 4.19, as we'll now be exposing the pad index via
> the MC API version 2.
>
> --
>
> v2:
>
> - Fix some issues noticed while testing with WinTV USB2. As result
> of such tests, I opted to use just one type for all analog signals.
>
> - Added a patch to provide some info if something gets wrong while
>   creating the links.

In time:

1) The patches are at:

        https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=pad-fix-4

2_ I have an experimental tree on the top of it with tvp5150 patches:

        https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=tvp5150-4

I'll likely replace the last patch there by something else.

3) Except if I get any comments, my plan is to merge the patches
at pad-fix-4 together with tvp5150-4 branch on Monday;

4) There is a series of tvp5150-related patches that I'll keep out
of the Monday's merge:
        https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/log/?h=tvp5150-5

Those contain a patch series from Marco that are currently under
review, plus a reminder from me that some things are needed to be
changed after this series (the last patch is incomplete, but I intend
to wait for Marco's new patchset before working on a replacement).

Thanks,
Mauro