On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 04:00:17PM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On 09/25/2018 12:14 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> > +/* V4L2 control unit prefixes */
> > +#define V4L2_CTRL_PREFIX_NANO              -9
> > +#define V4L2_CTRL_PREFIX_MICRO             -6
> > +#define V4L2_CTRL_PREFIX_MILLI             -3
> > +#define V4L2_CTRL_PREFIX_1         0
>
> I would prefer PREFIX_NONE, since there is no prefix in this case.
>
> I assume this prefix is only valid if the unit is not UNDEFINED and not
> NONE?

Why should it? The prefix is concerned with rescaling a value prior to
presenting it to a user. Even a unitless quantity or a value of
undefined unit can be reasonably scaled. Displaying a unit and scaling
look like orthogonal concepts to me.

> Is 'base' also dependent on a valid unit? (it doesn't appear to be)

I'd argue it should not depend on a valid unit like the prefix.

Helmut