On 19/07/19 7:11 AM, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
>> Will it be better, if dvb_pll_devcount is decremented in dvb_pll_release(),
>> instead of removing module params?
> But you cannot know deterministically which device corrensponds to
> what "id" (when you have multiple dvb_pll devices),
> since "id" is dependent on the history of register and unregister
> of dvb_pll devices.
dvb_pll_release() frees  fe->tuner_priv, and priv->nr is dvb_pll_devcount, but,
decrementing  count will only tell array has a free slot, and now if that free
slot needs to be used it will have to either maintain free index list to be
consumed next or convert array id to a list.
> So I wonder about the benefit / practical usecase of "id" parameter.

Ok, I will remove the module parameters and send a patch.

Thanks,

Vandana.