On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 03:48:31PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:27:05 +0300
> Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com> escreveu:
>
> > > Anyway, not sure if the other sub-maintainers see the same way. From my
> > > side,
> > > I prefer not to be c/c, as this is just more noise, as I just rely on
> > > patchwork for media patches. What about changing this to:
> > >
> > >   Patches for the media subsystem should be sent to the media mailing list
> > >   at linux-media@vger.kernel.org as plain text only e-mail. Emails with
> > >   HTML will be automatically rejected by the mail server. It could be
> > > wise
> > >   to also copy the sub-maintainer(s).
> >
> > That works for me. As this is really a personal preference, is there a
> > way it could be encoded in MAINTAINERS in a per-person fashion ?
> > Something that would allow you to opt-out from CC from linux-media (but
> > possibly opt-in for other parts of the kernel), and allow me to opt-in
> > for the drivers I maintain ?
>
> I don't think so. Perhaps we could add, instead, something like that at the
> sub-maintainers section of the profile.

Of course there is a way to add yourself as a maintainer for a specific
.c file...  Maybe people feel like MAINTAINERS is too crowded?

We could update get_maintainer.pl to grep the .c files for a specific
tag instead of putting everything in a centralized MAINTAINERS file.
But it doesn't make sense to try store that information MY BRAIN!  I
can't remember anything from one minute to the next so I have no idea
who maintains media submodules...

regards,
dan carpenter