A little update on the matter.

These cards are broken!

It seems that the card is designed for a different NIM than what is actually on the cards. The worst problem is 3.3V power supply for the digital portion of the NIM. This powers the 3.3V IO on the Si2109, and it is unconnected! This effectively disables all the IO that is not open drain like i2c. That is why you will not get any 22khz tone from these cards.

Luckily, I think I have found a way to fix it. The card is now tuning, and the 22khz tone is working. The LNB voltage is a little high, but that can be fixed by adding or replacing a resistor. I have not tried to watch TV yet, so I am not certain if it is at all possible to get these cards into working order.

I will try the fix on a couple of boards and test them, and if it is successful, I will post a howto on the v4l wiki. Be warned though, it will involve the use of a soldering iron.

Hendrik Skarpeid wrote: