Check the temperature of the adapter. It is getting quite hot. I use fans to cool it, which avoids this kind of problems.

From: "O&M Ugarcina" <mo.uc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 10:42 AM
To: <linux-media@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: <linux-...@linuxtv.org>
Subject: [linux-dvb] TeVii S470 periodically fails to tune/lock - needspoweroff

 Hello Guys,

I have been using my TeVii S470 DVBS2 card for about one month . I am using it with mythtv on fedora 12 using latest kernel , and compiled the latest v4l drivers . The sensitivity and picture is very good both on dvbs and dvbs2 transponders , very happy with that . However several times already when trying to watch live tv on myth the channel failed to tune . Usually happens in the morning after box was running 24x7 for a few days . The only way to restore functionality is to do a power off and wait a couple of mins then power on . If I just do a reboot , this does not help . Strange thing is that I see nothing unusual in the mythtv logs or dmesg/messages log . When the card is in this no-lock state , it will not tune into any transponder even when I run scandvb . After power reset everything works again for a few more days . Any info welcome .

Best Regards

Milorad