On 09/03/2010 02:42 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
Just FYI thereĀ“s two parts on that string, the "vid" (vendor ID) and
the "pid" (product id)

Vendor ID "1b80" is listed at the usb device id database
as "Afatech" although the product ID is not listed (although all the
products on that section seem to be Digital TV tuners).

http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

--------------
1b80  Afatech
        c810  MC810 [af9015]
        d393  DVB-T receiver [RTL2832U]
        d396  UB396-T [RTL2832U]
        d397  DVB-T receiver [RTL2832U]
        d398  DVB-T receiver [RTL2832U]
        d700  FM Radio SnapMusic Mobile 700 (FM700)
        e383  DVB-T UB383-T [af9015]
        e385  DVB-T UB385-T [af9015]
        e386  DVB-T UB385-T [af9015]
        e39a  DVB-T395U [af9015]
        e39b  DVB-T395U [af9015]

Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

You are correct. Someone added this wrong name about year back. In my understanding it should be KWorld instead of Afatech. I am not even 100% if it is KWorld since that VID is seen very many designs...

IIRC it was me who added this to the dvb-usb-ids.h:
#define USB_VID_KWORLD_2                        0x1b80

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/