On 09/30/2010 08:56 PM, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
OK. The number of supported devices is already 9 in all sections, so I guess
I'll have to add a new entry in the af9015_properties array, before I can
add a new device, right?

Actually you are using too old code as base. You should take latest GIT media tree and 2.6.37 branch. IIRC max is currently 12 devices per entry.

And what is the intrinsic difference between adding a new device section,
compared to adding a new PID to an existing device (just curious) ?

Not much more than a little bit different device name. Technically you can add all IDs to one device, but I feel better to add new entry per device. If device name is same but only ID is different it typically means different hw revision and in that case I would like to put those same for same entry. In that case device is also a little bit different - at least case colour.

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/