Since some months I didn't test any new drivers, because I don't  want to run
an unstable kernel. The v4l-dvb hg is obviously dead, although I never read a
formally announcement. Requests remain unanswered
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-
infrastructure/27069/)

In the german vdrportal forum we recently "discovered"
git://linuxtv.org/mchehab/new_build.git as a possibility to build and test
current drivers with the kernels in current Distributions.

Now I see a discussion about media_built, which seems to be
git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git.

What is the difference between media_build and new_build?

I am getting more and more confused...