On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Enrico <ebut...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Enrico <ebut...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
>>> Perfect, thank you Enrico. I will try this latter today and let you
>>> know. I'm sure I can get this working (with the ghosting effect of
>>> course) so you can at least obtain 25 fps and once I have this working
>>> I will resend the patch-set as v3 so Laurent can review it and
>>> hopefully help us to fix the artifact on the video.
>>
>> Yes it must be something simple but not easy to spot.
>>
>> And to add even more confusion i've attached two patches: one is a
>> port of two Deepthy patches, the other one just a board fix.
>>
>> Just replace patches 0017-18-19 with the attached 0001 patch, and
>> after patch 0025 apply the attached 0002 patch.
>>
>> With these i can succesfully grab frames with yavta BUT i only get
>> half-height frames. Disclaimer: i just made the patch monkey and gave
>> it a run without a review so it could be anything.
>
> My bad, i forgot a part about config_outlineoffset (ODDEVEN...), i
> still have (different) half-green images though...
>
> Side note: while making some tests i can confirm that the solution
> adopted in Deepthy patches:
>
> u32 syn_mode = isp_reg_readl(isp, OMAP3_ISP_IOMEM_CCDC, ISPCCDC_SYN_MODE);
> fid = syn_mode & ISPCCDC_SYN_MODE_FLDSTAT;
> /* toggle the software maintained fid */
>
> works as expected, i see fid switching correctly.

Ok, i made it work. It was missing just the config_outlineoffset i
wrote before and a missing FLDMODE in SYNC registers.

Moreover it seems to me that the software-maintained field id
(interlaced_cnt in Javier patches, fldstat in Deepthy patches) is
useless, i've tried to only use the FLDSTAT bit from isp register
(fid) in vd0_isr:

if (fid == 0) {
     restart = ccdc_isr_buffer(ccdc);
     goto done;
}

and it works. I've not tested very long frame sequences, only up to 16
frames. The only issue is that the first frame could be half-green
because a field is missing.

Enrico