Guennadi,
probably you could answer me some question:

as we agreed I'm trying to implement ENUM_INPUT support to soc-camera
through pads. This means I must be able to pass the tvp5150 decoder
some platform_data in order to configure what inputs are really routed
in my board.

For that purpose I do the following in my board specific code:

 static struct tvp5150_platform_data visstrim_tvp5150_data = {
        .inputs = 55,
};

static struct i2c_board_info visstrim_i2c_camera =  {
        .type = "tvp5150",
        .addr = 0x5d,
        .platform_data = &visstrim_tvp5150_data,
};

static struct soc_camera_link iclink_tvp5150 = {
        .bus_id         = 0,            /* Must match with the camera ID */
        .board_info     = &visstrim_i2c_camera,
        .i2c_adapter_id = 0,
        .power = visstrim_camera_power,
        .reset = visstrim_camera_reset,
};

static struct platform_device visstrim_tvp5150_soc = {
        .name   = "soc-camera-pdrv",
        .id     = 0,
        .dev    = {
                .platform_data = &iclink_tvp5150,
        },
};

However, it seems soc-camera ignores "board_info.platform_data" field
and assigns a value of its own:

http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.1.6/drivers/media/video/soc_camera.c#L1006

How am I suppose to pass that information to the tvp5150 then?

Thank you.

--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.