Hi Konstantin!

I received your "present" :-) - many thanks! I already ported my base- band demux code to the current linux media master branch (in the v4l-dvb git repo). It currently allows drivers/frontends to pass base-band frames to the bb-demux. The bb-demux allows user-space filtering for BBFrames, TS packets, etc via the demux handle or dvr device. It also allows other kernel components to do
base-band filtering (e.g. receive BBFrames on a specific ISI).

Currently, the bb-demux only accepts a single, complete BBFrame in a single buffer, but I think it should also be able to cope with a stream of data (for ease of driver integration), including synchronization (search for frame start) and buffering (for assembling frames).

Besides checking whether the current user-space API for base-band filtering is useful,
there are a few remaining design questions to think about:

* How to allow pes/section filtering when receiving multiple TSs in parallel (on different ISIs) - allow to "stack" filters, e.g. a bb-demux filter delivers TS from a certain ISI and forwards it to a section filter (which then passes sections to user-space).
        - dmx / dvr device for each?
* When and how to bring frontend into base-band data mode (a mode where it delivers
        BBFrames instead of TS)?
        - Should this be set by the user or happen automatically?
 * How to set ISI on demux if we receive TS on a channel with MIS
        (if this is not already possible, didn't check it yet)
- this could be covered by the bb-demux filtering API, although the base-band demux is not directly involved in this case (since TS data is delivered to dvb-core).

For now, I'm working to setup a public GIT repository, so you can have a look at the current status. Do you have a repository for the TBS drivers or should I use the official ones? Do you have
an idea of how to program the STV900 to output BBFrames?

Thanks again and kind regards,
Christian.