On 02/14/2012 04:25 PM, W R wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. It does seem like I have the old version:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

*I: Bus=0019 Vendor=1934 Product=0004 Version=0008*

Hm, okay, so the changes for newer hardware shouldn't matter at all.

N: Name="Fintek LPC SuperIO Consumer IR Transceiver"
P: Phys=fintek/cir0
Is there anything out of the ordinary? Any way to find out which modules
that cause the problem and can maybe be removed?

Nothing out of the ordinary, no. You'd have to capture serial console output or a vmcore from the time of the crash to really get a better idea of where its falling down. The panic trace ought to give a clue where to start looking.

I can't recall, have you tried using this under Windows, and if so, was it stable there? A hardware fault is always a possibility, especially when there's only a single report of something like this. Then again, this is a fairly young driver. But I never saw anything like this in my own testing during driver devel, nor did Fintek. :\

--
Jarod Wilson
ja...@redhat.com