On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2012-04-02 08:38, Enrico wrote:
>>> Attached.
>>

>> I just had a quick look and it seems everything is there, i can't test
>> it right now but when i did test a mainline 3.3 kernel with my patches
>> i had to use the "nohlt" kernel parm. If i'm not wrong without that
>> param i had the same error, you can give it a try.
>

> Hurray, that does work.

Laurent, this is an old problem that i noticed some time ago [1] but
apparently things are getting worse.

The situation now is:

kernel 3.2 without cpu_idle: no need for nohlt
kernel 3.2 with cpu_idle: nohlt is needed
kernel 3.3 with/without cpu_idle: nohlt always needed

I really don't know where the problem comes from, but i verified that
the cam powerdomain is correctly "acquired" during capture, i don't
know what else i can check.

[1]: http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/18550/20510/

Enrico