On 07/09/2012 07:44 PM, Marx wrote:
W dniu 2012-07-09 10:42, Antti Palosaari pisze:
On 07/09/2012 09:24 AM, Marx wrote:
On 08.07.2012 14:32, Antti Palosaari wrote:
I suspect you stopped szap ?

You cannot use dvbdate or dvbtraffic, nor read data from dvr0 unless
frontend is tuned. Leave szap running backround and try again.

That way it works, and I can save stream. Hovewer it's strange because I
shouldn't have to constatly tune channel to watch it, and on previous
cards it was enough to tune once and then use other commands.
I base my knowledge on
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device
There is nothing about constant tuning channel to use it. Am I missing
something?

given wiki-page says:
"
4. After you've tuned a frequency and program

a) You could now start up your simple TV watching application and decode
the stream you have tuned.

For example, while keeping {a,c,s,t}zap running in the first console
shell, open up another console and run
"

Behavior have been always same, at least for the DVB USB.

So you don't have problems at all?

ok, my fault
problem still exists
VDR doesn't play any channel, and while you asked me to abandon it, I
saved some data using
  cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /mnt/video/test3.ts
while tuning in the background.

Stream saved that way is unplayable (I play it using VLC for windows -
it played almost all proper TS strems in the past I had). I've tried all
software I have - to play this streams - no way.

So
- I can tune only 2/3 of channels
- TS stream saves with errors
- traditional tuner on the same (brand new) dish works ok
- i've exchanged cables between the two

is it possible that pctv device is less sensitive and the problem is
with too weak signal?

If VDR does not work at all, but other tools are working, it could be compatibility issue between VDR and Kernel.

# tune to channel:
szap -r "CHANNEL NAME"
# dump channels from tuned multiplex (if you don't have that command just skip):
scandvb -c
# save tuned channel to file (lets say 20 second):
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test.ts
# check if ffmpeg finds video and audio
ffmpeg -i test.ts

and post result here