I am looking how to implement LNA support for the DVB API.

What we need to be configurable at least is: OFF, ON, AUTO.

There is LNAs that support variable gain and likely those will be sooner or later. Actually I think there is already LNAs integrated to the RF-tuner that offers adjustable gain. Also looking to NXP catalog and you will see there is digital TV LNAs with adjustable gain.

Coming from that requirements are:
adjustable gain 0-xxx dB
LNA OFF
LNA ON
LNA AUTO

Setting LNA is easy but how to query capabilities of supported LNA values? eg. this device has LNA which supports Gain=5dB, Gain=8dB, LNA auto?

LNA ON (bypass) could be replaced with Gain=0 and LNA ON with Gain>0, Gain=-1 is for auto example.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/