Em 11-07-2012 05:09, James Bottomley escreveu:
> Hi All,
>
> We have set aside the second day of the kernel summit (Tuesday 28
> August) as mini-summit day.  So far we have only the PCI mini summit on
> this day

Not sure what happened (or maybe my proposal were not clear enough), but
I've submitted a proposal to have a media system summit on KS/2011.
Last year was very productive for media developers, so we'd like to do
it again ;)

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:13:47 -0300
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com>

[Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND] media subsystem

I'd like to have media subsystem discussions this year's at kernel summit.
The media subsystem is one of the most active driver subsystem, and there are
lots of
things there that require face-to-face discussions, not only between subsystem
developers,
but also with other maintainers. In special, during KS/2011, it was identified
the need
of interacting with video and audio system people, in order to solve some
common issues,
like HDMI CEC and audio/video synchronization.

The increasing complexity of SoC designs used by media devices requires API
extensions at the media APIs in order to proper expose and control all hardware
functionality on a standard way. A new API to better allow negotiating userspace
and Kernelspace capabilities seem to be required.

More discussions with regards to shared resources locking is needed, on devices
that
implement multiple API's, but not a the same time.

The incompatibility between udev-182 and the existing drivers will also require
lots
of discussions, as that affects 64 media drivers, and changing them to comply
with
the current requirement of using request_firmware_nowait() won't work on several
drivers. So, a solution (or a set of solutions) needs to be found, in order to
fix
such incompatibility.

Thanks,
Mauro