On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> Another ambiguity for your list: what should a driver return in TRY_FMT/S_FMT
> if the requested format is not supported (possible behaviours include
> returning the currently selected format or a default format).

Whatever gets decided in terms of eliminating the ambiguity, we should
definitely do a v4l2-compliance test for this.  I've seen drivers in
the past that return -EINVAL if the requested format is not supported
(which resulted in various userland apps inventing their own
workarounds over the years).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs